Saturday, October 2, 2010

It's cold...already?

My son plays football for a local team in which I have decided to be one of the coaches.  As I watched as my team scamper up and down the field in an effort to score point and play defence, I noticed that my teeth were chattering from the cold winds that seemed to be blowing through me.  As I stood there trembling from the cold I thought to myself, "winter is just around the corner".  Nine hellish months of snow and bitter cold are almost here.  I'm getting cold just thinking about what this year's winter has in store for us Minnesotans.  I for one and not quite ready for the long winter ahead.

"Every winter, When the great sun has turned his face away, The earth goes down into a vale of grief, And fasts, and weeps, and shrouds herself in sables, Leaving her wedding-garlands to decay - Then leaps in spring to his returning kisses."
- Charles Kingsley

No comments:

Post a Comment