Wednesday, September 22, 2010

School is back in session

After three months of summer vacation, school is back in session.  Yes!  I'm a parent of two junior high students who love their vacation time.  They love the fact that they can lounge around the house all day, sleep in, and do what they want to do because mom and dad are at work or school all day. 

The problem, from a parents stand point is, that neither of my children want to do much outside of their freedoms.  I ask both of them to do simple chores, that would only take them about an hour to complete, but it seems that (from their response) that I'm asking way too much.  I don't see what so hard about cleaning up their rooms on a daily basis, putting the dishes in the dishwasher, or vacuuming the floor once in a while.  I mean seriously what is so hard about picking up a piece of paper that has been on the floor all day, or taking out an over flowing garbage that they continue to pack more and more junk on top of.  Some days I would walk in the house, look around, then go back outside to keep myself from getting angry.

Now that they are back in school I can walk into the house and know that everything is in its proper place.  No more dishes piled up in the sink.  No more dirty rooms.  No more half empty glasses or cup all over the house.  No more plates of food in their rooms that have been there for days.  I am so thankful for school because my blood pressure is back to normal, my hair is starting to grow back, and when I come home after a long day I don't have to hear my name called 1,000 times in an hour.  Thank God for school.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment