Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Man mistakes wife for deer, shoots and kills her

How many men wish they could use this story when their wife is giving them a hard time in their respective marriages, especially when it comes to hunting? I have been hunting a few times throughout my life and can say that I have never though another member of my hunting party was a deer.  I guess all of the bright orange clothes was sort of a give-away for me.
HEIDELBERG, Miss. — Officials are investigating a deadly hunting incident in Jasper County.
WDAM-TV reports that the incident involved a husband and wife who were hunting Saturday and became separated near Heidelberg. The husband reportedly shot his wife after mistaking her for a deer.
The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks is investigating the incident, along with the Jasper County Sheriff's Department. Sheriff's investigator Thad Windham confirmed a fatal shooting had occurred, but referred questions to the wildlife agency. An agency spokesman James Walker couldn't be reached immediately for comment Monday.
Although, this may go down as an accidental shooting, it makes a person wonder what the conversation was like before the couple left home. It also bring up the point of, were all of the safety guideline being followed.  I guess the next time I decide to hunt for wild game I will make sure I don’t piss off the people I am hunting with.

No comments:

Post a Comment